Password

cearve 12:32 04 Jun 03

I have a secondhand QDI motherboard which is password protected stopping me from entering the bios settings. How can i overide or delete this password? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tog 12:37 04 Jun 03

Usually, there is a jumper to move to delete the password/reset the settings to default. Failing that, you may have to remove the battery for a couple of hours.

firstly record on paper all the settings, the mobo may have a jumper to clear the cmos or taking the battery out will have the same effect. how long you need to leave it out varies from a few minutes to a few hours.

emmandelo1 12:40 04 Jun 03

Being a complete novice at this bear in mind I don't really know what I'm talking about. However I do recall seeing somewhere on this forum about removing the battery and then reinserting it will clear all settings. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will either confirm or refute this...

cearve 12:40 04 Jun 03

thanks Tog, i will have a look, cheers

emmandelo1 12:42 04 Jun 03

blimey...! maybe i'm not so dumb after all..

emmandalo you're certainly not dumb but its reassuring to know i'm not the slowest typist out here.

cearve 22:03 04 Jun 03

removal of battery cleared the cmos. thanks for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…