club392 11:21 01 Jan 03
  club392 11:21 01 Jan 03

I am now being asked for my password when I switch on prior to loading windows.How do I get rid of this irritation!
In addition,once I have loged on I also have to put in my password .How can I sabve it & not have to do this everytime

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:45 01 Jan 03

Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel and open the Passwords icon. Then click the Change Passwords tab and click the 'Change Windows Password' button. Make sure all three fields are completely blank and click the OK button to save changes. You can also go to to the contol panel, Network applet, and change the "Primary Network" section from Microsoft Family Logon" to "Windows Logon".

Hitman codename 47 11:47 01 Jan 03

go to the ms:dos window

then type

dir *.pwl

just like that

so it looks like

c:\dir *.pwl

press enter

it will then show the password file

whixh will be for example

type at the c: prompt

del example.pwl

so it looks like

c:del example.pwl

then close the msdos window.

reboot the pc and when it starts back up it will ask you to put in a username and password.

Type in a user name and leave the password bit blank

then enter.

then when you turn your pc on next time it will go straight to the desktop.

hope it helps

jazzypop 11:47 01 Jan 03

Which version of Windows are you using?

If it is not W2K or XP, go to Control Panel > Network, and change the Logon from "client for microsoft network" to "windows logon"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…