password

morecambe 20:05 16 Jun 04

is there anyway i can put a password onto a file or folder so only i can read it

Dorsai 20:20 16 Jun 04

MSoffice progs let you spicify passwords for various levels of access, but from what i remeber their security is not that tight. if it's reallly sesitive stuff you want to protect (work/MOD/Bodey and Doyle type stuff, etc) the best bet might be some sorta encription sofware- never had anyting that important on my pc.

if someone can invent the security system, someone else can bust it. The aim is to make the cracking of the security more work that the info is worth.

Personally i copy the stuff that is for 'my eye's only' onto CD-RW's. that way it's not on the PC to start with..

VoG II 20:23 16 Jun 04

click here will encrypt and password protect individual files (not folders).

broggs 20:28 16 Jun 04

steganos security suite was on the cover disc of pca a bit ago.It is superb...you can create a secure drive which only you can access.It can also hide items in picture files etc.

Irishman 20:37 16 Jun 04

I use this and find it an excellent prog click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…