password

SCUNNER 18:54 12 Sep 03

i have a toshiba 2100 laptop and have forgotton the supervisor password and i hope that someone can help me as i cannot make any changes to my system.

MAJ 19:10 12 Sep 03

I think, you'll need to re-install Windows then, SCUNNER, but wait for verification on that, from someone a little more sure of it than I am.

WaiKent 19:12 12 Sep 03

hack you system... nah can you give me your O/S please.

WaiKent 19:18 12 Sep 03

hm.. sorry dont know, im not familiar with XP. although i think you can reset the password cant u, but maybe im thinking about the bios password with the battery. nope sorry cant help you there.

hessajee 20:52 12 Sep 03

Hello!

Firstly, when you reply, tell us which O/S(Operating System)you have. If you have access to a normal account, log onto it. Then, go to Start, then Search. Select All Files and Folders. Then in the first box, type in:
.pwl

Yes, inlcude the dot. In the third box, make sure it is selected as Local Hard Drives.

If you find any .pwl files, delete them, and you should be able to get back into the supervisor account. Then, you can change your passwords, add them again, whatever. Just remember this article if it works and you have the same problem.

SCUNNER 20:40 20 Sep 03

i have a toshiba 2100 laptop with windows xp and toshiba has its own passord and its called the supervisor password which lets you set a password so nobody can change the hardware settings,unfortunatly i have forgotten the password and i am wondering if anyone knows if there are a way around this other than re-installing.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…