Tycho 19:48 21 Sep 04

I allowed my daughter to use my computer for a few minutes and came back to it to find that my home page had been hijacked and lots of dire warnings to click on various links to get rid of spyware.

I ctrl alt del'ed it all and rstarted without clicking on any of the links. Is it likely that my computer will have been invaded? I have a two day old version of he AVG virus database checking and zonealarm up and running at all times.

All the best

VoG II 19:51 21 Sep 04

Run these: Spybot click here Ad-aware click here eScan click here and a² click here

sidecar sid 22:51 21 Sep 04
  Tycho 19:25 24 Sep 04

Spybot seems to be working well and is blocking huge numbers of attempts to download "Doubleclick", whatever that is.
There is, however one thing that is a little odd. It detects something called "DSO Exploits" and I click on the buttons to remove it but it does not go. It is still there at the next check, even if the next check is done immediately. Any thoughts?

johnnyrocker 19:29 24 Sep 04

tis a bug in some versions of spy bot, no probs.

stalion 19:30 24 Sep 04

do not worry about dso exploit it is a bug in spybot that has been cured in the latest version

VoG II 19:31 24 Sep 04

Yep, it is a bug in Spybot.

click here

Also while you are in Settings, select Block Silently. That will stop the warnings about the harmless cookie on this site.

Tycho 19:52 24 Sep 04

Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…