Passing Wind

SABRE 10:41 21 Nov 03

Have had a long standing prob with sound from my PC. When playing audio disks or listening to internet radio my speakers intermittently make 'orrible noises. I have recently fitted a new motherboard and problem continued so I fitted a Soundblaster card and enabled it but still no better. It seems like any background activity on the PC is being picked up and transmitted as a fa.ting sound through the speakers. Any ideas?

Jester2K II 10:45 21 Nov 03

It interference from another cable. try moving the cables about to see which one it is.

I used to get it from an old mouse. When it was moved it would make trumping noises in the speakers. Re-route the cables and its gone...

Jester2K II 10:56 21 Nov 03

What you are saying makes sense. having changed the motherboard and fitted the soundcard, it does point to a possible cable problem.
Will check over the weekend.

Cretin07 11:15 21 Nov 03

maybe its your mic. mute it and see. or if you dont have a mic just mute it. always happens for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…