Passing on PowerPoint (,pps0 files

hatrickj 10:41 05 Jun 08

I have the viewer installed, but I find that friends have not. Can the .pps files be converted to another program that will be on most folk's computers? if so how is it done, preferably free, and what do you recommend the files should be converted to?

crosstrainer 10:44 05 Jun 08

You can download the viewer (various versions exist from:

click here

This one is for 2003, but others are available.

You can also read powerpoint files in Open Office which is a full office suite, downloadable free:

click here

This will play powerpoint files fine.

Ditch999 10:56 05 Jun 08

If you are creating the Powerpoint file you can save it as a Powerpoint Presentation file (with the extension .ppt) which is self playing and does not require the recipient to have any software installed. Or if you have PP installed then use the Save As feature and select Powerpoint Presentation to save a copy of it as a self playing file.

Salut 21:18 05 Jun 08

I have used the openoffice.org PowerPoint look alike called 'Impress' for some while now. It is very good. I am able to save files in a number of different extensions-dependent on different collegues software.

You do not have to use the whole of the openoffice software, choose which you require. I only run 'Impress'

The program automatically reads PowerPoint.

Crosstrainers' link is good, alternatively use click here

hatrickj 15:50 23 Aug 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now