pass word protection

ozzy 123 21:19 05 Jul 08

Hi i own an external hard drive on which i store all my music and photos and work related progects.
my teenage children want to use my external harddrive to store some of there stuff (school work).
i was wondering if its possible to put a password on just one folder on my external harddrive to stop anything being accidently deleted from my works folder.any help will be gratefully recieved.
im running on windows xp media edition.
many thanks in advance.
ozzy 123.

Fingees 12:19 06 Jul 08

click here

Try the above

peter99co 12:56 06 Jul 08

If you only have the one copy of your folder and it is on an external drive would it not be safer to buy second ext drive? They have come down in price a lot now and even stick/pen drives have huge capacity. You cannot replace photos if the drive gives up due to rough use.

bremner 13:03 06 Jul 08

Truecrypt lets you create an encrypted volume of whatever size you want. You can then store all your precious files in there.

Of course you must not forget the password or it is bye bye to the data.

click here

ozzy 123 15:16 06 Jul 08

thans every one you were a great help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…