pass word help

patso 13:54 29 Jan 07

can anyone tell me if i can password my pc so i can keep my progs running and no one else can access it while it is downloading(eg)kids)and is there any prog that can set the pc to turn off after a certain time helpful to set the amount of time kids can spend on pc.im using xp home +sp2 thanks

The_Dancer 14:02 29 Jan 07

In re of your passwords, if you go in to your control panel, and select users, you can set up multiple user accounts, and if you are using XP, there is no need to close down programs whilst others are logged on.

patso 15:31 29 Jan 07

ok i know how to manage user accounts i need a prog to stop my teenage kids spending too much time on pc.just after googling and found some progs thanks

Eric10 15:57 29 Jan 07

So long as you have a password set for your account you can create a shortcut and in the Target box type "%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation" but without the quotes. Put %windir% in the Start in box. Call it something like "Lock Workstation".
When you double-click the shortcut the desktop will be locked and will need your password to get back in but any running programs will be unaffected.

patso 16:01 29 Jan 07

thanks eric very handy you know your stuff i will give it a go thanks again for replying

PaulB2005 16:02 29 Jan 07

Or just hold down the WinKey (Windows Key) and hit "L"

patso 16:53 29 Jan 07

thanks ahain for the tips

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…