Partitions on XP Home edition

westondn15 09:53 19 Jun 04

Hi, I want to free up more space on my hdd by getting rid of one of my partitions. My computer had a major crash and I had to re-install windows xp home which created a new partition. I now have two drives in my computer one called C:\ and one called D:\. I cannot use the C:\ drive so it is a bit stupid having it there. When I turn on my computer it also gives me the option to boot from either drive.
How can I get rid of C:\ without distroying my computer

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:07 19 Jun 04

Why can't you use C:? Which partition is your OP system on?

my comp > c: > right click > format should make partition usable again.

Always good to have two partitions one with OP system on and one to store your data, then if system crashes you can format and reinstall windows without losing your data.

/\0/\

westondn15 10:10 19 Jun 04

The operating system is on both i cannot use c:\ because opening it will crash my computer every time. I had to make a new partition [D:\] to store both op system and files on because cannot use c:\. Can I just format the c:\ drive with no reprocussions?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:14 19 Jun 04

Yes if new op system is on D: and you don't need anything on c: formating is quickest way.

Have you tried defragging c:?

THE TERMINATOR 12:09 19 Jun 04

You need a program like PARTITION MAGIC by POWERQUEST to delete your C:\ partition if you don't want it....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…