Partitions and 2 HD's

Siberian Winter 15:07 14 Jun 03

I have a system using 2 hard drives, the main c: drive is a 30 GB drive and my secondary drive is an 80 GB drive. My problem is that the c: drive is filling up. I'm running Win XP on c: and Win 98 on the big drive. I believed it was possible to partition the large drive so that some of it is allocated to the c: partition. I have, erm, acquired Partition Magic 6, but I can find no option that allows this. Can anyone help? Thanks

Jester2K II 15:09 14 Jun 03

You want to have a partition across two physical disks??

Not sure you can do this!!

"I have, erm, acquired Partition Magic 6.."

Spot the software pirate then. Go on, i challenge you!

leo49 15:24 14 Jun 03

You can't do it.

Better to get your drives properly organised by placing data on separate partitions to the OS's.

Terry Brown 16:03 14 Jun 03

I will not assist THIEVES ??, because that is what software piracy is.

Siberian Winter 18:04 14 Jun 03

Thanks to all except Terry Brown (sanctimonious git). Partition Magic 6 (an old version) was given to me by a workmate who bought version 7. He didn't want anything for it. Is that piracy? If so, then yo-ho-ho, hoist the jolly roger. I'm off to sail the Spanish Main.

wee eddie 07:52 15 Jun 03

gave the impression that the version you had was not entirely kosher.

I believe that you just partition the drive, giving yourself Drives D, E, F, G & H. You then work on your normal C drive and store on whichever drive you chose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…