//some 3rd party need geo

PartitionMagic 8 problem

peterleemaxwell 11:52 19 Sep 03

I re-formatted a 120Gb. hard drive I use for video and I use this drive as a slave, O.S. on another drive. When I open PartitionMagic 8, it states in a yellow colour the disk as 'bad', (although I can save to it). 'Disk 1 (113019MB 14408c 255h 63s) appears to have partitions created using a different drive geometry (240h 63s). This serious problem can lead to data loss. No partition manipulations should be made to this disk using the product, create new partitions under the new geometry, and restore your data using the backup'. Has anyone had this statement or can anyone suggest in layman's terms what to do? Thanks.

hugh-265156 11:57 19 Sep 03

not sure.do you get an error number? if so click here

peterleemaxwell 12:53 19 Sep 03

Thanks huggyg71, I'll give the support page a good read. I didn't get any error number just that, as above. Thanks for your help.

seedie 14:02 19 Sep 03

I had the same thing last month.

Go into BIOS and set hard drive detection to auto, then back to user. If this doesn't work I'm stumped.

CD

peterleemaxwell 14:20 19 Sep 03

Thanks seedie I'll give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…