Partitioning in XP Pro

r3v 20:26 18 Sep 05

hi,

I have installed win xp pro on a 40Gb HD. I now want to make a partition for files (15GB). How do i do this and what is the best free software to use ???

thanks.

Terry Brown 20:38 18 Sep 05

There is a copy of Partition Magic on a recent CD from PCadvisor, that should do the job.

Chegs ® 20:48 18 Sep 05

I would have used the XP CD during install,its free.Doubt if disc manager can be used as you have the OS on the whole drive,but worth a looksee.

PC Bilbo 20:51 18 Sep 05

You can partitition Windows XP for free as part of the installation process.Unfortunately if you have already installed XP you would need to start from scratch.

click here

keith-236785 21:01 18 Sep 05

the september edition of Computer shopper (sorry fe) has a full version of Paragon Partition manager on the cover cd.

Partition Magic click here is the costly approach, about £25 but it is excellent (in my opinion)

you could try ranish partition manager (look in the downloads section at the top of this page) as another free option.

unfortunately you cant use the disk management tool in windows to resize the main drive, both paragon AND partition Magic will resize the windows partition without loss of data, not sure about ranish as i have never used it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:25 18 Sep 05

There is no need to partition XP. You would be much better buying an external hard disk or a large memory stick. Partitioning is so 1990's.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…