Partitioning using Paragon

avesnes1 20:30 19 Oct 09

I am planning to use Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2008 Suite Special Edition.

At the moment I have two internal hard disk drives, "0" and "1", both 232.8GB .

On "0" there are two primary partitions, "C" and "E" containing XP and recovery files respectively. There is also a very small amount of unallocated free space.

On "1" there is one primary partition, "D", size = 232.8GB (i.e. the entire space of drive "1") which contains VISTA.

Currently I dual boot XP and VISTA and I am planning to partition drive "1" and install Windows 7 on there. I will triple boot until I am happy with Windows 7.

At last the question:-

Am I right in thinking that I must first resize (i.e shrink) the "D" partition before I create a second primary partition (to be called say "F") into which I will then be able to install Windows 7?

Apologies for the length of this post but I am new to partition creatiing. Thanks in advance for any guidance from members.

mgmcc 08:29 20 Oct 09

Yes, shrink the "D" partition to leave a sufficient amount of "Unallocated Space" into which to install Windows 7. Its installation procedure will create the necessary partition and format it, so you don't need to create another primary partition in advance.

avesnes1 08:39 20 Oct 09

mgmcc,
Thanks for the reply. I'll follow your advice.
Regards
avesnes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…