partitioning my hard drive

indune 21:28 06 Oct 04

Hi all,

Please forgive me if this seems simple, but I am a little confused, I am at the moment running 98se and would like to upgrade to xp, but every time I install xp my btvoyager 100 adsl modem stops working, even on a clean install, so I decided to partition my hard drive to 2 x20gig partitions and install 98se on one and xp on the other.At the moment I have 98 running but do not know how to put xp on the now d drive, I partitioned using fdisk.
thanks indune

TomJerry 21:39 06 Oct 04

Use PM to prepare drive and install XP, then install Bootmagic (come with PM) to manage
which one to boot up.

You can get PM8 from Amazon for £20 click here

But, I think the better way to sort out modem problem. It should work if you install correct driver software. I think you download it from BT website. Or get a new modem, ZyXel Prestige 630 USB ADSL Modem £21.62 click here

indune 22:06 06 Oct 04

i thought there might be a way to install it through windows, but I always knew I would have to put my hand in my deep pocket.

howard60 22:19 06 Oct 04

if you do not want to spend anything other than xp you can fdisk your hard drive losing everything on it. with fdisk you can set 2 partitions. then install win98 on the c drive as normal. with that running you can then insert the xp cd and tell it to install on the d drive. when completed you will have a system that boots into xp after about 15 seconds giving you the option to choose the other operating system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…