Partitioning Large USB Drive in FAT32

Churston 06:47 08 Jul 05

My OS is XP. I have a 250 Gb USB Hard Drive, which I would like to format for use. I would prefer FAT32 so that I have use it with machines that do not have XP.
But having formatted four partitions at 32Gb I can not partition the remaining 108 Gb. Can anybody help?

dan11 12:50 08 Jul 05

If you have created 4 primary partitions. You will need to break one down to extended partitions. This thread seems exactly like yours click here

It could only create 4 partitions on a 250 external harddrive. The solution sorted it.

woodchip 13:36 08 Jul 05

Hears what I did with a 200gb drive that I made up my self. I first created a Primary partition NTFS in XP this so I could see the Drive in Acronis Disc Management I then restarted in a Win98 computer with Acronis disc created two logical drives fat32, deleted the NTFS partition and created a Primary Fat 32 partition these was all I think about 32Gb I Finally created a big Fat32 Partition about 124Gb Fat32. But after the above I had to let Scandisk sort the Boot sectors out on partitions but no problems since

Churston 06:49 09 Jul 05

Deleting partitions so as to start again was no problem. However I am now faced with a problem that Extended Partition has been greyed out, thus only allowing me to created Primary partitions!!! which limits me to the four at 32Mb.

bremner 08:15 09 Jul 05

If you use Maxtor's Maxblast for DOS then you can have any size of FAT32 partition click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…