Partitioning Hard Drive

geoffjay 19:30 13 Jun 04

My P.C.runs with M.E operating system and i recently installed a new second 40g/byte hard drive to go with my existing 20g/byte drive.I made the new drive master and existing one slve.After installation i transferred all my files over to the new one using the Maxtor installer/copying disc.this was done without any hitches,but when i now boot up,the information shown under windows explorer is C drive 37.2g/bytes,a D drive showing 9.52g/bytes and a E drive,showing 9.52g/bytes.I have tried changing this,using fdisk,but when i ask for it to show the partition information for the second drive,it shows it as 100% usage,ie 19540m/bytes.At no stage have i partitioned the existing drive.Has something happened during the file transfer?.Although this is no detriment,i would like my system to show the slave as one partition and not two.Any help would be appreciated.

bremner 19:34 13 Jun 04

The only way you can undo this without starting from scratch again is by using something like 'Partition Magic'.

SEASHANTY 20:34 13 Jun 04

Drive letter assignment in Windows
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…