partitioning external hard drive

Hucky 11:06 12 Feb 12

hi am i able to do this...i want one half to be fat 32 and the other ntfs because i already have data on there i don`t want to loose thankyou

northumbria61 11:32 12 Feb 12

As far as I aware you can -

Plug in your USB hard drive into your PC then right click on your my computer icon and left click on "manage". Choose storage then disk management (Local) and you should see your drive. Right click for options and partition the drive and choose how much you want to be Fat 32 then format that partition. Do the same with what you left allocated for NTFS and format that and you're done

johndrew 11:38 12 Feb 12

As is said above I believe it is possible, but you need to be aware of some of the potential risks and pitfalls.

Hucky 11:50 12 Feb 12

when i right click on the drive it says delete partition?

johndrew 12:16 12 Feb 12

There are many informative articles on how to go about achieving what you want to do; see below. However, it is very likely you will need to start from scratch with your needs which will mean deleting the existing partition and all the data it contains. So your first job should be to back up everything on the drive that you wish to keep.

For video

For instructions

For more detailed instructions

bremner 12:30 12 Feb 12

If you are trying to do this with your G4 then you are going to need something like gparted click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…