Partitioning Brand New HDD

matt45 22:00 27 Dec 03

I've just got a new PC with a completely blank 120GB HDD. I am going to install Windows XP on to it but I first want to partition the drive. How can I do this?

powerless 22:04 27 Dec 03

When you install XP can partition from the XP setup.

Press C and enter the partition size.

spruce 22:04 27 Dec 03

Use a win 98 boot disk and fdisk the drive

goonerbill 22:06 27 Dec 03

when you install XP, you will be give the opportunity to partition the hard drive when you format it

powerless 22:06 27 Dec 03

click here

Fig 1.9

DieSse 23:07 27 Dec 03

Do NOT use a Win98 boot disk. It can only patition and format in FAT32, and the FDISK version is out of date and may not handle large partition sizes correctly.

As stated above - when you boot from the WinXP CD, it allows you to partition and format directly from the CD.

Diodorus Siculus 23:13 27 Dec 03

DieSse - you (I think) once mentioned in a thread that it is possible to select a word / phrase in IE and search for it using a right click in google using IE. Can you please tell me how?

powerless 23:15 27 Dec 03

You need the toolbar...click here

You'll use it alot on here.

Diodorus Siculus 23:20 27 Dec 03

Powerless - was that an answer to my query? If so, my gratitude!

Mozilla allows a user to select a word / phrase and then by right clicking on it, do a google search. I thought that perhaps there was a way of doing this using IE.

powerless 23:27 27 Dec 03

To search for a word using the right click you need the google toolbar, the toolbar places the search feature on a right click in IE.

So yes you can do it but you need the toolbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…