Partitioning

k_g2000 15:38 06 Mar 03

Hi, just built a new system, got 2 partitions, 10 gig(c:) and 30 gig(f:). On c: I have xp pro and I want to move all personal folders eg.My Pictures, My Music etc. on to f:, I moved all folders but when I restarted after loading some software all the files I had moved had vanished apart from one shared documents. The drive is new, reformating the drive is not a problem and this is my first attempt at having one than more partition so I am open to experimenting. Any suggestiions on the best way to permanently move these files to another partition.
thanks k_g2000

misery 19:41 06 Mar 03

unusual for XP not to make the partitions adjacent to each other. Presumably you have a second hard drive partitioned as D & E? Is this so?

k_g2000 19:47 06 Mar 03

Hi misery, I have one drive, dvd, cdrw r d: and e:, I created the partition using the manage utility on my computer.

k_g2000 19:51 06 Mar 03

Hi misery, my mistake,I have 1 drive d: and e: are dvd, cdrw. I created the f: partition using disk management.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…