partitioning

Ramification 10:42 28 Feb 04

hi, ive installed a 160 gb maxtor hd. as a slave.in my pc. its less than 12months old. i had to partition at 128gb. as it said any more would result in data loss. so how do i partition the rest seperate as required? or is there something else i need to do?
running xp. have maxblast. thanks

Chegs ® 11:00 28 Feb 04

I have a RAID setup,with this I have one single 240Gb hdd,which I used XP install cd to create 12x20Gb partitions on.I also have Partition Magic to alter these partitions as I wish.Partioning preferences are entirely up to the user,depending on the uses to which the PC is going to be used(allowing for the filesystems used of course)

Chegs ® 11:01 28 Feb 04

Sorry,should say 11,as the partitioning uses up space.

Ramification 09:51 01 Mar 04

i have partitioned my 160gb drive into 3 partitions using partition magic on friday.. when i booted up my pc on sunday the drive read as being 31gb! and the partitions i created had gone! anyone had this problem before?

Diodorus Siculus 15:46 01 Mar 04

What size were the partitions? If you made on of 31gb, then that is why... the unpartitioned ones could not be seen.

Diodorus Siculus 15:46 01 Mar 04

Sorry, I meant the unformatted partitions could not be seen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…