Partitioned HD now what?

u2 23:49 29 Jul 03

Hi just partitioned the HD with PM 5,both drive,s are primary, is this ok.I want to keep the OS on C: and try and keep the other programs on D:.Ive dupliceted the My Documents ,Program files ect folders on D:.

When I installed Opera into D: Program files the Opera folders,files, are scattered, within Program files on D: any advice same with fs2002.Why are,nt they going into Opera folder ect.

Should I keep both drive,s primary or make D: logical, if so will I have to format D:

Also why are some programs going into windows on C: Ive no control over where they go? Any help would be gratefull,cheers.

DieSse 00:21 30 Jul 03

D: should be secondary.

All (well most) programs install some files onto drive C - mainly into the Windows folder. It's normal, essential, and you have no control over it. They just need to work that way.

Jean-Luc Picard 01:21 30 Jul 03

This is exactly why you should leave that little bit of extra space on "C" when partitioning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…