partition prob

steveooo 19:00 23 Aug 03

ive just created i new partition for windows 2003 in partition magic 8 to cator for windows 2003 server but now i cant boot into xp infact my partiton name has changed to powerquest instead of xp in the file system colum,,

its as though its waiting to peform an operation but it wont boot at all any ideas wud be apreciated...

hugh-265156 19:41 23 Aug 03

did you install bootmagic and did you create recovery diskettes?

pop bootmagicmagic boot disc 1 in, with the floppy set to first boot device and when it loads up insert disc 2.select the active partition,remove the floppy and restart the computer.

or

powerquest/partition magic/partition magic tools/pqboot and select the active partition here but only if you can get into windows.

or try a bootdisc with fdisk on it from click here the windows 98 one works ok with xp.pop it in the drive restart the computer as above,wait for it to load and type:

fdisk /mbr

hugh-265156 19:46 23 Aug 03

ps.if you used the "install new OS" option in partition magic i think it sets the new partition as active so you can install the OS straight away.this will hide the xp partition,hence why you cannot boot.fdisk /mbr or using the PT recovery disks above will restore the master boot record.

steveooo 11:12 24 Aug 03

still no luck the thing is i tried rezising a partition then the next time i booted usually partition magic starts its batch program to perform its operations but xp didint load tried recovery console written new mbr and tried fixboot, tried bootcfg aswell windows dunt recognise it as a valid partiton anyway???? partiton magic dont go there!!!!!!1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…