Partition Manager 9 free version.

m800afc 15:29 14 Nov 08

I've just discovered a free cut-down version of PM9.

click here

It's a big download, but it may be useful.
Hope this helps

rawprawn 16:09 14 Nov 08

Thanks for that, it is a big download but the main problem is it is very slow downloading. I have given up for the time being and I will try again later tonight or first thing in the morning.

rawprawn 20:02 14 Nov 08

After struggling to download it for an hour, when I clicked on the setup.exe I get the message "Installation package could not be opened, verify it is a valid Windows installer"
It must have been corrupted during download and it takes too long to try again

Jollyjohn 19:20 15 Nov 08

Hi
There is a link on the Personal Computer World website that click here that downloads PM9 in about 18 mins. Having used Partition Magic in the past I can recommend it.

rawprawn 19:24 15 Nov 08

Thank you, downloaded in 2 minutes.

sunnystaines 19:31 15 Nov 08

what can it do that vista cannot?

rawprawn 19:35 15 Nov 08

Sorry no luck it asks for a registration and offers a "Get free registration button" which when I press it aborts the installation.
I really don't know about this one, unless someone can show me how to get a free reg number.

MAJ 20:14 15 Nov 08

This isn't Partition Magic (from Symantec), it's Partition Manager from Paragon. It downloaded in a couple of minutes and installed without problems. To get the Serial Number, click the "Get Free Serial" button, it appears during the installation and is emailed within a few moments.

rawprawn 08:23 16 Nov 08

When I try to install I get to the button "Get free Registration" but when I press it I get the message "The wizard was interrupted before Paragon PM could be installed, Your system has not been changed. Press Finish to exit wizard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…