Partition Magic v8/ Bios

Granddad Ray 19:13 14 Sep 04

I would like to disable the virus or boot-sector protection as recommended by Jeffers22 but I have absolutely no idea how to do it. As a computer ignoramus, I am nervous of messing about with bios settings but would certainly do so if some kind person would let me have step-by-step guidance. (Tried Fruit Bat /\0/\’s suggestion but it made no difference)

Jeffers22 19:19 14 Sep 04

To enter the bios: Immediately you turn your PC on start hitting the delete key repeatedly until you get a message "Entering Setup" or similar.

The option to disable virus protection is usually under the Advanced Bios Features or similar. It is toggle on or off the key you press to toggle will be shown at the bottom of the screen.

Once it is disabled, press F12 (usually) but the save and exit will again be shown on the bottom of the screen. Exit saving changes and your PC will boot into Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…