Partition Magic Problem, need help recovering data

A-R 00:34 11 Nov 05

I'm running Windows XP and I have made a huge mistake and need help.

I have just run Partition Magic 8 to merge 2 partitions, unfortunately the process failed, and I have lost a number of files that I thought I hade removed from the partition before I ran the program. Partition Magic is showing there is unallocated space on the HD, and I believe that is where my files are.

Does anyone know what I can do to try and recover these files. I've been a complete idiot and I haven't got anyway to get these back from a back up... I'm desperate people, please if anyone can help me. What can I do?

Skyver 00:57 11 Nov 05

I'm not familiar with PM8, can you make it set up a partition in the unallocated space but /without/ formatting? It's only a format that will overwrite any information, all partitioning does is change a few numbers in certain areas of the HD.
Then run something like this ? click here

Skyver 01:00 11 Nov 05

You may even be able to run DriveRescue on the `lost` area of the disk

A-R 01:25 11 Nov 05

Thanks Skyver for replying...

I am looking to see if PM8 will set up a partion on the unallocated space without a format but I can't see anything of that type. I'm a little apprehensive to use the app again after I buggered it up the last time.

I am running a data revovery app at the moment to see if I can recover it, but if anyone has any more advice please help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…