Partition Magic & Multivision Mirrordisk Software

Dadster 1956 20:04 11 Aug 04

I have a Multivision Solus Laptop with a partition for their own backup software which in the event of a catastrophic system failure of the main partition restores the laptop to its original statusi.e.with XP in place as at the date I first got the laptop but the data lost.It takes up valuable disc space and I want to remove it.Talking to Multivision is no longer an option.I have bought Partition Magic to deal with this but I am a bit reluctant to proceed as I am worried the outcome may be unpredictable as I do not know exactly how the Multivision software operates.Has anyone had any experience of this?

Sans le Sou 22:30 11 Aug 04

Carrera SSC have taken over the Multivision warranties, they may be able to help, Tel: 0871 2223456

johnsims 23:35 11 Aug 04

If the only way or performing a restore is from the hidden partition, and you were not issued with a recovery CD then I would be very loathe to delete said partition unless you hace a Windows CD with which to do a complete new install.

Should you decide to proceed, Partition Magic should delete the hidden partition and leave you with unallocated space which you can use to expand your C: or create a D: partition.

johnsims 23:37 11 Aug 04

Carrera SSC have indeed taken over the assets of Multivision, but my understanding from the PC mags is that they have definitely not taken over the warranty liabilities.

Dadster 1956 19:23 12 Aug 04

Thankyou all.I do have an XP disc(full program)but another complication is that the multivision partition is the C ,the main partition is the D and so if I delete the C drive does the D drive by default then become the C drive then creating problems with file paths or am I worrying unnessarily here?I will probably ring Carrera to seeif they can or will offer any guidance.I can confirm they have not taken over Multivision warranties but offer new warranties at a cost.

Sans le Sou 20:24 12 Aug 04

They have under the guise of "Digital Network plc,Firecrest solutions"
This must be part of carrera sscs empire. They offered me a warranty for the computer I bought for my son for £116.33 inc VAT. They have subcontracted Repairline to do the actual repairs.
Digital Network has click here on their letterhead with the telephone number 0871 2223456
and address: 2 Sherwood Road

Aston Fields Industrial Estate

Bromsgrove

Worcs. B60 3DU
They have bought the assets and although as you say Carrera do not do the warranty work themselves it is possible that you could get a copy of the backup stuff if it exists, it is possible that they can put you on the path to finding your product.

Peter 20:38 12 Aug 04

Might be an idea to take an image of your complete hard drive as it stands so that you can at least get back to where you are now if it all goes wrong.

At least make images of all of the partitions as they stand at present. Store your images over several CDs or DVDs.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…