partition Magic loses C drive

theone 21:29 22 Jan 03
  theone 21:29 22 Jan 03

A bit iof help/info please.

A friend of mine has just tried creating a dual boot Win98 /XP machine. He created a 1gb partition as per the guide, but when partition magic did it's thing it said there was only 998mb so no room to carry on.

The problem is now that the machine will not boot as the C drive has gone !! Even if he tried booting from the floppy with CD support he gets nowhere.

I've asked him to see if he can get into the BIOS and see if the HD is actually being detected. I've also suggested when he boots from the floppy to try and run to the CD drive ie E then get onto the win98 dir to run the setup.exe from there.

Anything else which could be tried before reinstallation would be appreciated.

Stokey 10:13 23 Jan 03

^bounce^

zanwalk 10:23 23 Jan 03

One thing that I would try before reinstalling is to take the Hard Drive out of the machine and try it as a slave drive in another computer, that way you should be able to detect if the drive is functional and the state of the partitions. Also if it is PM8 that he is using he should be able to run that from floppies and check the partitions and the files on them that way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…