partition magic has hidden everything

servila 10:49 01 Aug 09

whilst playing around with partition magic i managed to hide everything, all my drives, including boot manager, obviously stopping me booting up

the vista recovery cd ran but couldnt help
i can get into the cmos setup and the boot menu screen

can anyone help plz

compumac 10:52 01 Aug 09

When you say playing around with Partition Magic, how did you actually play around? What did you do?
What version PM and what OS?

servila 11:24 01 Aug 09

partition magic 8 and vista

i was trying to unhide 160gb from a separate hard drive that i just installed i didnt go near the orignial hard drive, im not quite sure what happened

mocha 13:12 01 Aug 09

Hi servila,

Try GParted and see if it will unhide your c: drive. This is free software and will boot automatically from the CD, just make sure that the computers BIOS is set to CD as first boot device.

click here

Go to the very bottom screenshot and you will see you can 'manage flags' untick the hidden box and close, then exit the program and see if you can now boot as normal.

Screenshots:- click here

BRYNIT 14:03 01 Aug 09

Did you make the recovery disk as suggested when first starting partition majic if so use the boot disc.

From what I have read in the instructions partion majic removes the drive letter which hides the drive. I am not sure how you could re assign a drive letter without the PM recovery disc but some one may have the answer.

servila 14:49 01 Aug 09

i didnt make a recovery disc, i booted up with gparted and it says my hard drive is un allocated

mocha 15:46 01 Aug 09

Hi servila,

Unallocated space means there are no files on that hard drive/partition, did GParted show just the one partition on drive C: or where there other partitions.

BRYNIT 15:47 01 Aug 09

Just a thought you could try Paragon Rescue Kit 9.0 Express free click here I was able to recover a deleted partition with this it may help.

servila 16:16 01 Aug 09

there was just 1 drive all unallocated

Zeppelyn 16:39 01 Aug 09

Just for info Partition Magic is not really compatible with Vista as Vista uses a different NTFS to XP. Partition Magic is pre Vista era and no longer supported by Symantec.

BRYNIT 21:27 01 Aug 09

Although I can imagine accidentally hiding the partition I find it difficult for Partition Magic to hide the primary drive as it will always give a warning first. It would also be difficult for the drive to be completely cleared of partitions leaving 1 unallocated drive. (I could be wrong).

Reading your thread you state you installed a 160gb drive to recover a hidden partition. Have you removed this drive or have you accidentally removed/disconnected the wrong drive.

If both drive are connected, disconnect the 160gb drive check cables etc reboot with the paragon rescue disk and check the drive again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…