Partition Magic 7

Big Trev 21:52 04 Mar 04

I have just installed a new 40Gig HD and copied the old 8Gig C drive onto it. I now want to partition the new drive into two roughly equal halves using Partition Magic 7. I highlight that drive, click "Create New Partition", follow the instruction and click apply changes.

I then click yes to the reboot. It reboots as normal and fails to partition my hard drive. Frustrating! Does anyone know why?

Running XP Pro and have another 40Gig HD partitioned into 4 by the same Partition Magic.

leo49 22:16 04 Mar 04

When you look at the bar chart in PM of your new HDD,have you got any unallocated space? Sounds to me as if you've copied the 8gb over into one whole drive partition.In which case you've got to free up space by resizing the existing partition before you can create partitions.

Not sure if I've understood you right so if the above is gobbldegook,just ignore.

Big Trev 22:29 04 Mar 04

There is no unallocated space. I did copy as you describe so do I resise bigger or smaller?

Sorry if that sounds like a daft question.

leo49 22:36 04 Mar 04

If I read your original post right you wish to have a total of 2 partitions on this HDD.If that's correct,place your cursor in the drive on barchart,rightclick/resize and reduce to the left so that you free up half the space. Once you've done that you will then have unallocated space in which to create your second partition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…