Partition flash / pen drive

keewaa 19:22 01 May 06

Is it possible to partition a 2GB flash / pen drive, if so how? I want about 256 for program files, and the rest for temporary data. Thanks.

skidzy 19:40 01 May 06

Im not sure if you can partition a flash drive,but i guess you could make make a folder on the pc,name it for your program files,load it to the flash drive, at least this way you will reconise the folder before you attempt to delete anything.

If you need to add to the folder,its a matter of just drag and drop into the required folder if you are on xp.

Sorry if you knew this already.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:42 01 May 06

There is no benefit in partitioning the drive. Just make folders instead.

G

skidzy 19:49 01 May 06

G
If it is possible to partition the flash drive,would it be possible to format any partition one by one,or would it format the whole drive ?

I use folders as i find it easy to update or delete as needs require.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:35 01 May 06

You can partition a flash drive but AFAIK they do not support large patitions and as most drives are small it kind of defeats the object, if there ever was one. Partitioning is too messy, time consuming and pointless as there will be no speed benefit or any other benefit.

G

VoG II 21:38 01 May 06

Pretty pointless on modern hard drives as well, IMHO.

skidzy 21:42 01 May 06

Cheers G.... not that i would try to partition the flash drive though,im happy with the folders.
Just a little curious...thanks again.

Belatucadrus 22:33 01 May 06

If however you still want to partition it, a useful little bit of kit is u-storage.exe, available click here
This is a direct link to the download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…