Partioning

LeadingMNMs 17:10 13 Jan 04

I want to create a small partion on my HDD using NTFS. Does anyone know any free programs that will do this ? The HDD contains XP home and all files.

Sheila-214876 18:12 13 Jan 04

You could try Ranish free from click here

Big Elf 18:44 13 Jan 04

I've been reading through the FAQs on the link and although it implies that it will work for NTFS partitions I'm not clear whether data and the OS is at risk when doing so. Do you happen to know?

I've been thinking about using something like this myself but was reluctant to pay as I'm only like to do it once or twice (Yorkshireman - short arms, deep pockets).

LeadingMNMs - Hope you don't mind me 'butting' in.

Sheila-214876 11:07 14 Jan 04

Big Elf, As with all Partition Managers (except Fdisk) any data, programmes or O/Ss shouldn't be affected. As I am on Win 98SE I don't have NTFS but no one in their right mind would write a programme for partitioning disks with data on them without warning about possible loss of data? Would they? Even Fdisk has a warning about "all data will be lost. Do you want to continue, Yes or No." So you get the opportunity to cancel the action. Ranish works OK for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…