part of monitor screen is flickering!!

simongy 20:59 12 Feb 04

I've noticed in the past few hours that the bottom left hand corner of my monitor is slightly flickering. The area around and above the 'start' icon.
Does anyone know of a reason for this? Could it be due to the fact that this part of the screen displays the same Green Start icon all of the (99%) time??
The rest of the monitor display is crisp and sharp and stable.
Any help would be gratfully received.

A Cat Called George 21:05 12 Feb 04

Is there anything near that corner of your monitor that may generate a magnetic field?

Djohn 21:07 12 Feb 04

Hi simongy, no, that will not affect your display. The flickering is more likely to be something like a speaker to close or a desktop lamp with a transformer in the base. Might even be a Cell phone. j.

simongy 21:08 12 Feb 04

I bought some speakers this afternoon, and the 'power' one is right by that corner!!!
I was under the impression that pc spkers were magnetically shielded!!

A Cat Called George 21:11 12 Feb 04

Move the speaker further away and de-Gauss your monitor.

simongy 21:17 12 Feb 04

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK THE TROUBLE TO REPLY. PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!
HOW FAR AWAY SHOULD I HAVE SPEAKERS FROM MONITOR?? COULD PERMANENT DAMAGE OF OCCURRED IF I HAD NOT MOVED THEM? THERE WAS NO WARNING ON THE SPEAKER'S PACKAGING ABOUT THIS MATTER.
A WELL EARNED ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO YOU ALL.

Djohn 21:18 12 Feb 04

No damage will be caused and your welcome, thanks for letting us know. ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…