parrellel card readers

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 08:24 28 Aug 04

hi i wan't a parrellel card readef that takes either which of these:MS/SM/SD/CF.another forum member on another thread says that you could have got them for £1 each.oh yes and it needs to support windows 95 (with usb support).can anyone tell me where i can get one from?.thanks alot.
ben

jack 08:35 28 Aug 04

Ben.
Do I read this aright - The machine you have in mind to connect to is Win95 and has USB?
Is that possible -As I understand it USB needs Win 98SE minimum.
Like wise Card Readers came along well after USB
so you are not likely I think to find parralel versions.
What is possible is the following.
1.A PCI card USB converter that has it own chip
on board.
2 I beleive I have come across a Serial to USB
converter [ a serial plug with USB hanging off it] But you will still need an O/S to support
USB.
I dare sare the gang will come up and trach all this
Wait and see

jack 08:36 28 Aug 04

Ben.
Do I read this aright - The machine you have in mind to connect to is Win95 and has USB?
Is that possible -As I understand it USB needs Win 98SE minimum.
Like wise Card Readers came along well after USB
so you are not likely I think to find parralel versions.
What is possible is the following.
1.A PCI card USB converter that has it own chip
on board.
2 I beleive I have come across a Serial to USB
converter [ a serial plug with USB hanging off it] But you will still need an O/S to support
USB.
I dare sare the gang will come up and trash all this
Wait and see

cga 08:58 28 Aug 04

I also think the £1 is a bit optomistic. Cheap yes but I have not seen that cheap (new anyway)!!

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 09:02 28 Aug 04

hi jack i forgot to mention that it is a laptop.however:it doesn't have usb support yet,becouse i have the usb support disk but no cd rom drive so i wan't to install it via memory card thats why i wanted the specific cards becouse my desktop(XP).has only supported these types.although that serial - usb adaptor that sounds usefull do you know where i can get one from.thanks alot jack.sorry i can't explain things.lol.ben

jack 14:03 28 Aug 04

Now wer'e gewttim some where.
If it is a laptop then you have a PCMIA slot- Right?

If so then things are possible
Try click here
Also get your self a copy of 'Micromart'
Its the computerist equivilant tp Exchange and Mart - all sorts of trasures reside therin
j

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 11:23 30 Aug 04

a bit optomistic?.on ebay last night i got one for 15p.lol.ill see if this works.ill have to get a CF memo card!.thanks for all help.and you jack!

cga 12:21 30 Aug 04

15p - great but you will see that I was talking about new. Ebay? Who knows? supply & demand.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 12:33 30 Aug 04

lol.it was brand new and sealed!.lol.there is loads of them!.search CF card reader.and it is buy it now = 1.25 or bid = 15p.p+p = 2.90.3.15

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…