parental controls

orrbag 13:12 09 Oct 06

have got norton internet security on my pc ..want to block access to adult sites on my childrens settings without blocking my wifes or my settings is this possible and how do i go abouit it? have tried configuring settings by allowing adult sites 4 supervisor but it enabled access from childs settings to...

sean-278262 14:34 09 Oct 06

Add user accounts to windows for each member of the household (up to a max of 4. Give the children their own and you and your wife the main one. Password protect yours and then you can set norton in each account to be as strict or as leanient as you like. This is based upon older versions I have used and how they tend to work. This also means that your files can be protected against left click happy kids!

ChrisRLG 16:38 09 Oct 06

You could also try this software - each licence is valid for 3 computers - so would cover most households.

FilterPak from click here

I use it at my church with 12 computers being used like a 'liberies' machines - so we have to ensure that minors do not have access to bad stuff - is able to be customised to cover 23 different 'sections' of types of websites.

We are on our 3rd year - if that is any recommenmdation :)

ChrisRLG

MS MVP (Windows Security) 2005-06 & 2006-2007 - Proud Member of ASAP since 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…