Parental control software ??

spanneress 17:16 26 May 04

Customer needs software to keep an eye on what his kids are doing on their PC's..to control what they can and can't look at on the web, access etc on his home network as the pc's are located around the house.

Have to install this eve..any freebies you guys know about that I can download or any favourites?

Cheers

GaT7 17:27 26 May 04

A free one can be found at click here. Good luck, G

spuds 18:08 26 May 04

The Home Office suggests these two sites for help and software click here and click here

spuds 18:11 26 May 04

Last link incorrect, forgot the U.K. click here

Belatucadrus 19:31 26 May 04

iProtectYou click here

spanneress 22:07 26 May 04

OK OK..well that was helpfull of you guys but not from him. Just got back having burnt him a CD with a selection of free downloads and trials only to discover that isn't what he wanted....so I set up user groups on his network so that his little darlings (aged from 4 to 22) cannot keep loading full games progs and promised to look for what he wants...which is.. to be able to see what his children can see on their pc's from his..at the click of a mouse. Just like that.

SO...as this is not something I have used before..any idea's people?

Ithangewe

Gaz 25 22:10 26 May 04

Buy a blue coat server, expensive yeh, but if thats what you want to do then they are the best in the business: click here

spanneress 22:15 26 May 04

Cheers Gaz, I shall pass that on. He was (un?)reliably informed that PCanywhere can do this..for around £30. I said it was unlikely but would find out. I thought PC anywhere was a it like it says on the tin..access one's PC from any other station???

He is looking for a cheap (read : free) bit of software I think.

Belatucadrus 23:07 26 May 04

click here a bit limited maybe, but as afreebie may be worth looking at.

The Batman 11:54 19 Jan 05

I have one pc with 3 users with separate user names.
All I am seeking is to filter/restrict Internet access to my kids so that illicit, offensive material can not be accessed.

Can any one recommend any software - free or otherwise?

Dennis1 12:09 19 Jan 05

I use this it's free click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…