Parental control programs

j3nks 11:59 28 Dec 05

My sister has asked me to get her a parental control program as her kids are now getting to the stage where they are using the internet more and she would like to control what they can access.
Can anyone recomend a good program for this please

bremner 12:05 28 Dec 05

Net Nanny click here

Cybel Patrol click here

are two of the well known programs. They can do a job but as we know children are very resourceful and can often work around these programs.

handful 12:12 28 Dec 05

I've been dabbling with Surfpass recently click here and have been quite impressed although it isn't the easiest interface in the world to understand. It is very good at limiting the amount of time spent online as well and best of all is free :o)

handful 12:24 28 Dec 05

Forgot to mention, for a paid for programme that I have used to good effect, version click here

I think the same version (best to check) is on special offer at amazon
click here

spuds 13:05 28 Dec 05
  Fingees 13:21 28 Dec 05

If you're using windows explorer.

select tools/interene options
content advisor.

You can then choose a password and set up various levels of access.

wallbash 14:14 28 Dec 05

Good luck to j3nks sister!

With any software provided, we have ( speaking as a father) come up with the fact, if we are intelligent enough to instal it, some kids friends know have to circumnavigate it!!!

Hormones make Kids creative!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…