Parental control help

rins36 23:50 31 Jan 05

I have norton parental controls on my pc cos the kids use it quite a bit

Tonight I have tried to access a wine site and got a message saying it had been blocked etc cos or alcohol/cigs

How can I access these sites

ACOLYTE 23:56 31 Jan 05

You will need to put the password in and then alter the settings for sites that contain the words listed in the blocked list,i think anyway there should be options when you open it up.

rins36 11:20 01 Feb 05

ACOLYTE 11:52 01 Feb 05

My way not work then?

mattyc_92 11:59 01 Feb 05

As ACOLYTE has said, open up internet security and click onto the "parental" controls... IF you have set them up as I have (used existing user accounts for the parental controls accounts), then you will see ALL user names in a "drop list".... Select your one and either untick the enable parental controls or change the sites that are allowed (by clicking onto "sites" and "unticking" the categories you want to be allowed on.....

If you haven't set it up in this was, then log in as the "supervisor" and then you can do the same thing (in the same order) as I have stated above...

ACOLYTE 12:06 01 Feb 05

Thx i couldnt remember all the details its been a while since i had Norton on my pc,i knew there was a list just could'nt remember the exact way to get to it,lol.

mattyc_92 10:39 02 Feb 05

You are welcome... lol

mattyc_92 18:14 09 Sep 05

Any luck?

Raj21 15:00 09 Dec 05

sorry i do not know about nortron but i am currently using BrowseControl software. it is very good. it's not free but you can get 30days free trail. i can say is even worth to buy. is not that expensive.

i am also putting site address here click here.

i suggest that put forum in Extra info. it does make diffrence.

ACOLYTE 15:38 09 Dec 05

WOW old thread lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…