Paranoid I know but....

Neil-321636 13:08 10 Jan 05

Came into work this morning to find all sent items in Outlook 2003 have disappeared!! Autoarchive is not set up to delete items. I have managed to find them in an archive file, but what would cause this? Is there a way of checking when the computer has been turned on or logged onto? Wondering if someone has deleted them??

JIM 13:17 10 Jan 05

Do a search in files and folder and select when was it modified.Select date from 10/1 to 10/1.

Go to event viewer via manage and see when it was logged on powered up etc.Mind you this is for winxp.

Sethhaniel 13:22 10 Jan 05

in windows explorer - tools - folder options - view - show hidden files & folders
then check under Documents and Settings -<user named folder> - Local Settings - History to see what has been used
Then right click 'My Computer' - select 'Manage' - 'Event Viewer' - then 'application' - to see times and dates of things used
also check under 'Event Viewer' - 'System'
and check times/dates system has been used.

Neil-321636 15:56 10 Jan 05

Thanks to those who replied. I have now resolved the problem and found the cause. Too embarrassed to admit what had happened!!

Forum Editor 17:40 10 Jan 05

you're honest about it.

I'll lock this before somebody wheedles it out of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…