Paranoid I know but....

Neil-321636 13:08 10 Jan 05

Came into work this morning to find all sent items in Outlook 2003 have disappeared!! Autoarchive is not set up to delete items. I have managed to find them in an archive file, but what would cause this? Is there a way of checking when the computer has been turned on or logged onto? Wondering if someone has deleted them??

JIM 13:17 10 Jan 05

Do a search in files and folder and select when was it modified.Select date from 10/1 to 10/1.

Go to event viewer via manage and see when it was logged on powered up etc.Mind you this is for winxp.

Sethhaniel 13:22 10 Jan 05

in windows explorer - tools - folder options - view - show hidden files & folders
then check under Documents and Settings -<user named folder> - Local Settings - History to see what has been used
Then right click 'My Computer' - select 'Manage' - 'Event Viewer' - then 'application' - to see times and dates of things used
also check under 'Event Viewer' - 'System'
and check times/dates system has been used.

Neil-321636 15:56 10 Jan 05

Thanks to those who replied. I have now resolved the problem and found the cause. Too embarrassed to admit what had happened!!

Forum Editor 17:40 10 Jan 05

you're honest about it.

I'll lock this before somebody wheedles it out of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch