Paranoid???

Jai 10:56 09 Apr 06

Switched on this morning (this machine) but all I got was crackling from the speakers, clicking from case & a few resets of its own volition then dead. Tracked the prob. down to a loose plug in the wall socket & all seems fine now. Just wondering are the clicks a sign of the HD on its way or just the loose plug? Anyone any thoughts?

terryf 10:58 09 Apr 06

Loose plug I think but do a backup of data anyway to an external device if you have (can get) one

g0slp 11:05 09 Apr 06

I agree with terryf, particularly the backing up of data

Don't ask...;-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:10 09 Apr 06

crackling from the speakers = arcing across loose contacts.

Clicking from case & a few resets = power supply dropping in and out as power lost from mains.

I think your hard drive will be ok but backing up all essential data is only prudent away.

muscic lover 15:14 09 Apr 06

Get a friend (or electrician)with GOOD knowledge to check the power supply out with a voltage tester.... AND dont forget to UNPLUG the machine while checking.. Dont want you getting a new hairdo now do we!

Safety first, PC second!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…