'The Parameter Is Incorrect??'

I am trying to copy some stuff I have backed up on a disc to my pc but it comes up with the above error. Is the disc knackered? If so I suppose I have lost everything on it?

Fellsider 15:35 08 Oct 06

"it comes up with the above error..."

When?

When you load the disk
When you try to access the disk

give us more info please

Technotiger 15:38 08 Oct 06

Hi, what OS are you using and can you still read what is on the disc?

Cheers

terryf 15:42 08 Oct 06

have you tried a program from click here. This does recover data from disk, I had some which were unreadable but was enabled to recover them.

Firstly as I said Fellsider the error occurs when I try to copy the contents on to the pc. Secondly I am using XP Pro and I can access some of the data on the disc and thirdly it sometimes says redundancy check as well.

Technotiger 16:03 08 Oct 06

Thanks Technotiger I used the software you suggested and copied evrything to a folder on the desktop. But mp3s and mpegs says windows media doesn't recognise the files and won't play. Even word documents are all gobbledegook.

Technotiger 16:29 08 Oct 06

Have you been able to salvage any of your data at all? There are other similar type programs out there, perhaps someone will come up with more. Or peerhaps ask Google?

Good luck anyway. Cheers.

Technotiger 16:42 08 Oct 06

Just had a thought - you say you backed up the data to disc, did you use a back-up program, if so these programs always have a data restore option?

I used nero and saved as data.

Technotiger 16:51 08 Oct 06

Sorry, I am not familiar with Nero, but I would guess that it does have a method to restore back-ups it makes.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…