"the parameter is incorrect"

Plugin21 21:14 01 Sep 05

I have recently upgraded from Win Me to Win Xp. Before doing so I backed up everything in "My Documents" to Cd. I have just tried to copy these from the Cd back to My Documents, but get the message "cannot copy from D: the parameter is incorrect" what does this mean and how do I correct the parameter - whatever that is !!!??? Any help greatly appreciated.

gudgulf 22:01 01 Sep 05
  Plugin21 00:14 08 Sep 05

I have tried this but it did not work. I have tried the cd on 2 different PCs but this did not work. When I explore the contents of the cd, I can see all of them on the screen but none of the files open . I have tried all of the file types...

Wak 09:31 08 Sep 05

I don't know ME or XP so this is a shot in the dark.
Doesn't XP use a different filing system (NTFS) to ME (FAT32) ???

Chegs ® 12:29 08 Sep 05

Are you certain the files were readable before you swapped OS? It looks like your CD files might be totally corrupt(but if you can view them in explorer,perhaps not)Try copying each file individually,with luck you might only lose a couple,rather than the whole CD.

Plugin21 22:24 08 Sep 05

Not 100% certain that files were readable before swapping OS. I have already tried to copy them individually but this does not work unfortunately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…