Parallel v USB.....printer speed

zinnie 09:16 14 May 04

Has anyone any experience of the effect on printing speed by switching from parallel connection to USB.
I currently drive a BCJ 3000 parallel and am thinking of switching to USB to see if it will increase the printing speed.

recap 09:19 14 May 04

A USB connection is faster than Parellel, by what speed I can not remember, but I'm sure somebody in here will give the figures.

woodchip 10:02 14 May 04

It can only work as fast as the Printer as been designed to work, connecting to ether port will not make any significant difference

Sir Radfordin 10:46 14 May 04

Like woodchip says, the printer can't print any faster so it doesn't matter how quickly the data can be sent to it if it can't output it any quicker. There will be no noticable difference between a printer on a Parallel port and one on a USB port. Unless you have endless USB ports there is little point swapping.

GRFT 11:23 14 May 04

Also agree with Woodchip. I recently switched my HP Deskjet 840C, which is very slow, from USB to parallel and it wasn't any worse.

zinnie 12:22 14 May 04

thanks everyone for the responses....clearly the speed of 'parallel output' is greater than the data handling capability of 'inkjet printers'...so I will leave things alone.!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…