parallel printer to usb port?

coinneach 20:37 13 Mar 05

Is it possible to connect a parallel printer or scanner to a USB port simply by using a different cable?

coinneach

Totally-braindead 21:03 13 Mar 05

Yes it is but it doesn't work with all printers click here if unsure try calling them.

Totally-braindead 21:05 13 Mar 05

Should have said - not sure about a scanner working.

coinneach 21:42 13 Mar 05

Thanks a lot, Totally-braindead (what an elegant name?).

This is just what I wanted to hear and the printer in question is in the list, so it's supported.

I wish all my problems were as easy to solve! Thanks again.

coinneach

Totally-braindead 22:29 13 Mar 05

coinneach I perhaps should mention, I had one of these a couple of years ago. It worked fine but I bought it thinking I would speed up my printer and it didn't. If you're buying this to try to increase speed then I think its just a waste.

coinneach 22:52 13 Mar 05

Thanks for your concern, but it's OK, because I'm doing this for a friend and she is about to buy a new pc, but she's hoping to use her old printer!

coinneach

Alan H E 23:27 13 Mar 05

She will still have parallel port on new machine won't she?

coinneach 19:52 15 Mar 05

Yes, she will, Alan H E, but she'll be using it for her scanner and I don't like daisy-chaining! I prefer peripherals to stand on their own.

coinneach

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…