Parallel port-scanner/printer/CD writer?

avesnes 15:08 01 Mar 05

I have a seven year PC running Win 98 and I've been offered an equally old external CD writer. According to the manual, the writer can be connected to the parallel port and then linked onto the printer. As I already have the scanner linked like this, can I triple link all these machines and if so in what order? Thanks for any advice.

Yoda Knight 15:17 01 Mar 05

i would imagine ur current setup is pc - printer - scanner ? U probably only have 1 in and 1 out port on your printer, so that would be out of the question. Do you have an out on your scanner (the in already connected to your printer) ? Or do you have an in and an out port on your new cd writer ?
Basically, connect it which ever way it can go and try it

avesnes 15:31 01 Mar 05

Yoda Knight,
Thanks for the guidance. At the worst, I'd just have to connect/unconnect the scanner and the writer depending which machine I was wanting to use at any one time. (This is what happens to cheapskates like me!!).

Yoda Knight 15:49 01 Mar 05

You used to be able to buy a sort of splitter box that would suite your purpose, but I wouldnt kow where you could get one nowadays - u could try ur local pc shop anyway though

:)

avesnes 15:56 01 Mar 05

Yoda Knight,
I'll try the local PC shop for a splitter. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…