Paragon Hard Disk Manager 6.0 Error Problem

davidmoore 10:58 22 Dec 07

Having attempted to reallocate HDD letters using Hard Disc Manager something went wrong in the process resulting in inability to boot computer.
Message received on Black screen:-
"Your Disks were modified by Paragon Partition Engine! Insert its Boot Diskette & press any key".
Have had to obtain Recovery Data CD to boot from CD. This loads a DOS version of Hard Disk Manager and I have eventually managed to restore the partition information & Data and got the computer up & running. However despite Uninstalling then reinstalling Hard Disk Manager, the above message persists when trying to boot from Hard Disc, & I have got to go via the "Boot from CD" process to get into the computer. Can anyone suggest how I can delete the above message, so that Booting from Hard Disc can be restord please??

Killo Bite 13:58 22 Dec 07

So Boot from HDD is set as 1st boot device and disable boot from other things like FDD, CD.

davidmoore 19:00 23 Dec 07

Thanks Killo Bite for your suggestion, unfortunately this is not the answer. If I set BIOS to Boot from HDD, that is when the problem occurs and I have to reset BIOS to Boot from CD so that the DOS version of Hard Disk Manager runs from the CD, and I can choose from its menu to Boot up Windows. Then everything behaves normally. Thanks for your response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos