paragon drive back up

professore 23:22 24 Oct 07

Hi all.
I have just reinstalled Windows XP and made 2 partitions-c:\ for my OS and d:\ for data.I would like to install Paragon Drive Back Up 8.5 to make a copy of my fresh OS.
1) Can i make a copy of C:\ and put it in D:\ together with my data or do i have to create a third partition ( which i would rather not to have to)?
2) Should my OS one day get a virus and i am not able to boot up, how could i access my D:\ drive to get to the image of my OS? Would i need a bootable disk to do that?
3)Is it possible to update the image in D:\ regularly or do i have to erase it and create a new one everytime i want to update it?
4)Once i am in my D: drive and want to copy the image back in to C:\, do i need the Paragon disk to do that or i just have to click on the image icon and follow the instruction? Is it complicated to do that? Thank u very much 4 your time.

topdude 09:14 25 Oct 07

Hi professorie,
1, you could use Paragon to put an image of your C: partition in your D: partition but what would happen if the Hard Disc failed ? You would lose the backup image as well ! It would be better to use another Hard Disc either in an external enclosure or in the PC to store the image.
2, read the Paragon help files and it explains about making a Recovery Disc to use when restoring the backup image.
3, you would have to make another image either as well as or instead of the previous image.
4, as in answer no 2, help files and Recovery Disc.
Hope this is helpfull.

professore 10:05 25 Oct 07

thank u Topdude i'll try that.

Pamy 13:53 25 Oct 07

Also beware that some image software will delete every thing else in the partion you use to save the image into. Check carefully before hand

professore 15:07 26 Oct 07

Hi Pamy and thanks 4 your input. Since i have just reinstalled windows i haven't saved anything yet in my D:drive.

professore 15:08 26 Oct 07

thank u all very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac