Paragon Boot Mnaager

KenBuck 11:54 05 May 09

My computer is a P4 with Asrock P4VT8+ Mother board with two HDD I installed and activated Paragon Boot Manager from Hard Disk Manager 6. First boot gave me alternative of A drive or C Drive picked C: and all ok. Second boot same alternatives but would not select and would not boot. Tried to correct, but finally formatted drive c and treid to reinstall Windows. Not successful. Fdisk now shows my two drives C:\ and D:\ both accessible plus a spurios, non existent "Drive 1" of 1gb which is NOT accessible. Assuming the BIOS was at fault used Default settings - same problem. Cleared CMOS still did not correct problem. I now a defunct computer with two perfectly good drives on which I cannot install Windows. XP fails when trying to restsrt after writing files to C:/. Have you any suggestions? KB

johndrew 13:52 05 May 09

Try disconnecting your second drive (D:) and see if the PC starts then. If not reformat the C: drive and reinstall Windows without the D: drive connected.

Hopefully the PC will now boot and you should be able to reconnect the D: drive and read it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…