Paper/card feed in ink-jet printers

atoms 10:47 12 Feb 04

Amongst my requirements for an ink-jet printer is that it should feed paper and normal A4 card perfectly squarely. My current HP Deskjet tends to pick up the paper/card and feed it in very slightly skewed, unnoticeable on normal print but visible when printing a frame border on card or paper, close to the edge.

I would be grateful for any comments on the feed mechanism used by Epson, Canon and Lexmark before looking at further quality issues for these three.

Pesala 11:12 12 Feb 04

I never noticed a paper feed problem like that on my Epson Stylus C80. The EPL5900 laser printer often skews paper, especially on the second side.

Edstow 11:25 12 Feb 04

Ensure that the guides either side of the paper in the feed tray are set to be correct. Too loose OR to tight can cause the paper to go adrift.

Also check on the rubber feed rollers that direct the paper into the printing area. These tend to become smooth with use and/or age. You could try roughening the surface of these with an eraser (rubber). The ones on the end of pencils are suitable as the pencil itself allows you to get into awkward places. Lift the cover on the printer and set a page to print. While it is doing that GENTLY rub over the surface of the rollers with the eraser. If the printer doesn't operate with the lid open, you should be able to find a small switch to over-ride that.

Ed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…