Paper jamming

Hivoumou 23:19 PM 31 Jan 13

I have a canon printer MX410...it keeps on showing that the paper is jammed although no printing paper is jammed. How can I fix this or what can I do to rectify this problem? Thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:27 PM 31 Jan 13

see here

spuds 11:05 AM 01 Feb 13

I have found that Paper Jam error messages can sometimes be caused by the most simplest things, and not a very noticeable sheet of paper causing a jam.

Usually it means a case of looking inside the printer for small objects, small piece of torn paper left behind from a previous problem, dust on sensor or arms etc. Do not forget to remove any electrical power to the printer, before tampering inside.

I haven't looked, but a Google or YouTube search, might provide further advice on printer service or repair on this paper jam error message problem?.

northumbria61 12:15 PM 01 Feb 13

I agree with comments made by spuds - I once spent 2 days with the same problem before finding the smallest piece of torn paper jammed in the roller mechanism - with the aid of a torch and the printer upside down! It took me ages to extract it.

chub_tor 14:59 PM 01 Feb 13

Paper Jam messages on all in ones often happen because something has been left on the lid, then it is lifted up and the object drops into the mechanism. Found a small paper clip in a friend's machine.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…